Weddings. Small weddings, may be held at Valaterra (the Sanctuary).
Wedding reservations may be made on a first-come, first served basis. Note: certain dates and times may not be available due to other YFF events. Reservations are tentative until the applicable user fee, damage deposit and executed Sanctuary Use Agreement are received.
The Sanctuary may be used for indoor weddings, but YFF strongly recommends that a tent be reserved from a rental vendor who has been previously approved by the YFF (Approved Vendor) in case of an outside wedding.
Use Fee and Damage Deposit for Weddings.
The Use Fee will be as agreed in the Sanctuary Use Agreement. To reserve the date of the event, YFF must receive fifty percent (50%) of the Use Fee and the executed Sanctuary Use Agreement. The remaining fifty percent of the Use Fee plus a $500 Damage Deposit must be received by the YFF at least ninety (90) days prior to the reserved date of the wedding.
At the conclusion of the event, user or a representative of the wedding party must walk the premises with the Program Manager to determine whether any damage has occurred and the course of action to correct the damage if it has occurred. Please see Miscellaneous Requirements, paragraph 15 below. If this is not done and damage is found after the wedding party leaves the premises, YFF reserves the right to determine the extent of the damage without consultation and to take whatever course of action it finds proper, including keeping a part or all of the Damage Deposit and billing the user for the remaining amount due. The full Damage Deposit will be refunded one week after the wedding if no damage has been determined, no additional staff time is required to return the area to its pre-event status and all rental requirements are followed.
Rehearsals and Set-up.
All wedding rental events include a one hour wedding rehearsal, at no additional charge, which should be scheduled the day or evening before the ceremony. It is recommended the rehearsal take place at the same hour of day as the wedding. The time and date will be stated in the Sanctuary Use Agreement. The user is responsible for clean up after the rehearsal.
If user wishes to do a set-up of the event the evening before, an additional set-up fee is required.
At least two weeks prior to the event, the user shall provide the YFF with a certificate of liability insurance covering the event, which will name the YFF and its Board as additional insureds, for up to $1,000,000 in coverage. (This coverage is usually available, for an associated fee, as a rider on an existing homeowner’s insurance policy.) The Sanctuary cannot be used without securing this coverage.
If the user decides to cancel the wedding, the user must notify the YFF by email at email@example.com of the cancellation a minimum of ninety (90) days before the scheduled date of the wedding reservation. The YFF is under no obligation to reschedule a wedding. If the cancellation is made ninety (90) or more days in advance of the wedding reservation date, the YFF will issue a full refund of the Use Fee paid. If a reservation is cancelled for a wedding with fewer than ninety (90) days notice, but more than sixty (60) days notice, the user will be refunded 50% of any Use Fee paid. Refunds of Use Fees paid will not be issued to users who provide sixty (60) or fewer days advance notice of cancellations or who do not show for the scheduled reservation. The full damage deposit paid by the user will be refunded to the user in the event of cancellation at any time prior to the date of the wedding.
While every effort will be made to ensure the Sanctuary is available as booked, if the YFF finds it must cancel a reservation, owing to inclement weather or other reasons, it will notify the representative of the user as provided for in the Sanctuary Use Agreement. Any Damage Deposit or User Fee paid will be refunded or another date for the event may be mutually agreed upon.
1. The Users must designate a primary point of contact to coordinate deliveries and direct the wedding and reception.
2.YFF does not have furniture or equipment to be used for weddings or receptions. Rental equipment and furniture may be used in the designated areas; however, the rental vendors selected must be on the approved vendor list. Approved Vendors must provide YFF with written confirmation of liability insurance of at least $1,000,000 for the event, proof of which must be sent to Program Manager at least two weeks prior to the event. Securing, coordinating and payment for all rentals (tents, linens, lighting, extension cords, chairs, trash receptacles, etc.) are the user’s responsibility and all such deliveries must be coordinated with YFF’s Program Manager. The user must inform all rental vendors that YFF staff is not authorized to sign for any rental deliveries. The rental vendors must meet with the Program Manager prior to the set-up of any tents to determine exact placement of any tent.
3.Caterers must be on the approved vendor list. Caterers may use the kitchen facilities in the Sanctuary building at no extra charge, and are responsible for clean up after the reception. Securing, coordinating and payment to the caterers is the user’s responsibility. All caterers must provide YFF with proof of certification by the state Health Department and provide YFF with written confirmation of liability insurance of at least $1,000,000 for the event. These documents must be sent to Program Manager at least two weeks prior to the event.
4. Alcoholic beverages may be served by a Caterer on the Approved Vendor list at an event, but not sold, and food and coffee must also be available to guests during the event. All applicable laws must be observed including no alcoholic beverages served to anyone under 21 or to anyone who appears intoxicated. Licensed bartenders are required to serve and monitor the distribution of alcoholic beverages at all times. Insurance coverage required by paragraph 3 above, must also contain specific liquor liability insurance that protects the YFF and its Board.
5. Tents and other equipment may not be delivered or set up earlier than 48 hours prior to the event and must be removed within 48 hours after the event. YFF is not responsible for the storage of rental equipment.
6. Only Approved Vendors are allowed and authorized to drive stakes or poles into the ground.
7. All wedding participants and guests must depart the grounds after the wedding/reception and clean up.
8. The throwing of birdseed or rose petals is acceptable as a substitute for rice or confetti, which are not allowed on the property. No other objects, animals, or insects may be thrown or released.
9. Decorations must be approved in advance by the Program Manager. Decorations and/or signs cannot be attached to any tree, plant, stone wall, or structure. Nails, tacks, tape, staples, pins, or anything that could mar the woodwork, walls, or other furnishings and fixtures must not be used. Lighted candles must be protected by hurricane globes with attached bases, (or must be dripless, including tapers of unity candles.) Any floral stands, decorations, or other items rented, loaned, or purchased for wedding must be delivered and picked up within the time reserved for the event and clean-up.
10. There are five bathrooms in the Sanctuary building that are available for wedding/reception hosting.
11. Smoking is not allowed inside the Sanctuary house, and only permitted on the grounds and farm in an area specifically designated for smoking.
12. Parking is restricted to the Visitors Parking lot. Parking is not allowed along roadsides or in other area of the property.
13. Users are responsible for the supervision of children at all times during the event.
14. All users and their guests must respect the grounds. No climbing on trees or stone walls or disturbing plants is permitted. Flowers should not be picked nor any plant material, including seeds, leaves, pinecones, acorns, etc., collected. Wildlife is not to be disturbed.
15. It is the responsibility of the user or their designee, to remain after the event to inspect and ensure that all utilized spaces are left clean, picked up and left as they were found upon arrival. A Post-Event Checklist will be provided, and users must complete and satisfy all the items on the checklist and give it to the Program Manager prior to leaving the property. The damage deposit may not be refunded if this list is not completed and turned in immediately after the wedding.
16. All wedding activities, including set-up and clean-up, must begin and conclude within the time allotted for the event. A fee for additional time used may be assessed from the damage deposit.
17. The user must provide all vendors and guests with maps and directions to the Sanctuary.
PLEASE NOTE: Failure to comply with any of the above requirements will result in forfeiture of the $500 Damage Deposit.
YFF’s Program Manager will be on-site for the event.